We understand just how important it is that you really get to know a school, before you consider, or choose it, for your family. Especially if you’re thinking about boarding for the first time.
We’ve been helping families to make this choice for over 125 years and we look forward to being able to show you all that we have to offer, so you can decide whether Sandroyd is the right choice.
Please do request a prospectus for further details of Sandroyd including a copy of our school magazine so that you are able to get a real flavour of Sandroyd life. However, the best way to get a feel for the unrivalled education at Sandroyd is to book a visit. You will be able to see for yourselves exactly why the education we offer is treasured by pupils, parents, alumni and highly valued by the top senior schools in the country.
What is the process of joining Sandroyd?
- Visit the school. Contact our Registrar, Mrs Dinah Rawlinson, to arrange a day that suits your family.
- Register your child. Parents are encouraged to complete a Registration Form and return it to the Registrar, together with the Registration Fee, as soon as possible. Whilst Registration doesn’t guarantee your child a space at Sandroyd, it does gain them a place on our admissions list. When spaces are limited, preference is given to those families who have registered earliest. As a small and popular school we do encourage early Registration.
- Taster Day. All Registered children are invited to a 'Taster' day or 'Taster' boarding session. This taster day allows your son/daughter to experience school life and boarding on a normal school day.
- Take part in an assessment. We do assess all children before they start at Sandroyd. This is to ensure that we are the right school for their individual needs. It is an informal assessment that enables us to gain a snapshot of their ability in the classroom.
- Receive a formal offer of a place. An offer of a place will be made shortly after the assessment morning. At this stage, we then ask parents to secure the offered place by paying a deposit.
- Enjoy getting to know Sandroyd! All new families are invited to our New Pupils’ Day, which is held in June each year. This is a wonderful day where new pupils and their families have the chance to meet each other, along with current staff and pupils.
If you have any queries about admissions at Sandroyd or you would like to arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Dinah Rawlinson, Admissions Registrar on 01725 530124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.